Wednesday, March 24, 2010
After a long weekend of grinding 25NL and Mini Ftops events, I logged into FTP on Tuesday to play in the PTP Appreciation tournament. Extremely fun tournament, would say 95% of the entrants had bounties on their heads. I put a $5 bounty on my head.

First hand I played was pocket deuces. Raised from UTG and had 3 callers. Flop came out 3 2 2. WHOA! Just flopped Quads. I lead out when BB checked to me and all i got was fold, fold, fold. BLAH! Reasoning behind leading out was figuring these players are too good to think I am not going to C-Bet when I PFR UTG. Also was thinking 1 of them was playing a PP but no my theory was completely and utterly wrong.

Biggest swing hand of the tournament was with AK and flopped TPTK. Bet the flop and had 1 caller. Turn made both a straight and a flush and I stupidly led out, Was check-raised and mucked TPTK. I really need to start checking TPTK on the turn but I always try to hammer it home. Eventually had like 500 chips left and blinds were 50/100 so I snap shoved with QJs and was called by K10, which flopped a king.

Prolly will not get to play much poker until the weekend, where I will once again lock myself in my apartment and grind 25NL and some MTT. Really need to start grinding my online poker bankroll so I can play in a big SCCOP Poker Tournament or two!!! They have some sick tournaments running with awesome prize pools. You people HAVE TO PLAY in a SCCOP Poker Tournament, some of the entries are only $11. Just think you can save $11 in a week by not having a SCOOP of ice cream after dinner. This is my SCOOP motto... 1 less SCOOP of Ice Cream, 1 more SCOOP tournament entry! Gawd I am a frickin genius but hope Ben & Jerry's doesn't hurt too much from this because Cherry Garcia is the bomb!

Some quick SCOOP 2010 stats:
• Total Guaranteed Prize Pool: $45,000,000
• Number of Events: 38
• Lowest Buy-In: $11
• Highest Buy-In: $10,300

SCOOP 2009 Stats:
• Events Played: 22
• Total Number of Buy-Ins: 199,958
• Number of Unique Players: 49,029
• Total Prize Money: $38,324,830
• Countries Represented: 163
• Countries Cashed: 118

0 comments: